Everything you need to know about the Carbery Graduate Programme
Who can apply to the Graduate Programme?
You can apply if you will attain at least a 2.1 Level 8 Honours degree in:
- Food Science
- Process Engineering
- Business / Finance
When can I apply?
Applications open on 17th September.
When will applications close?
Applications close on 19th October.
When does the Graduate Programme start?
The Programme begins in September 2019.
How long is the Graduate Programme?
The Graduate Programme is 2 years.
What is the selection process?
- Apply online via our website
- CVs are screened by our hiring managers
- Complete online assessments (which includes aptitude / ability tests and personality questionnaire)
- Successful candidates will be invited to a 1st interview. These interviews will be held in your university / college
- Successful candidates will be invited to attend the final recruitment event at the end of November. This stage will include an interview, presentation and site tour and will be held onsite at Carbery Group.
When will offers be made?
Offers will be made to successful candidates in early December.
If I am invited to the final recruitment event but can’t make the day, what should I do?
Unfortunately, there is only one such recruitment event for the graduate programme each year.
What training and development can I expect whilst on the programme?
We offer a blended approach to training and development providing our graduates with a comprehensive experience of our business and so helping prepare them to fill future, challenging leadership roles.
Elements of this programme will include:
- Initial Induction;
- On the job training;
- Job Rotation (including international assignment);
- Formal courses (providing skills development in communications, teamwork, problem-solving and business excellence)
- 1:1 mentoring
What do we expect of our graduates?
Apart from academic achievement, Carbery is interested in graduates who are focused and self-motivated with a can-do attitude and a questioning mind. Those who succeed with us demonstrate sound problem-solving skills, effective communication skills and an ability to succeed in a strong team environment.
What will I be doing?
We know that, as a graduate joining our business, you won’t have all the answers and that’s OK with us. Our graduate programme is designed to provide you with the skills (both behavioural and technical) and supports needed to help you flourish at Carbery.
You will have an opportunity to have a real impact on our business. Check out our graduates stories to find out more about the opportunities available.
What happens at the end of the programme?
Carbery is an expanding business with a strong global presence in the food ingredients, flavours and cheese sectors. We take time to recruit and develop our people in keeping with our value of nurturing talent. Those who succeed on our graduate programme and demonstrate values and behaviours which are important to us will be well prepared to take advantage of the challenging leadership roles our business needs.